Missouri Council of the Blind
MEMBER OF THE MONTH GUIDELINES
Missouri Council of the Blind is initiating a Member of the Month program to recognize those who have given of themselves and have made a difference in their community or assisting the blind. Each month the Member of the Month Committee will select an individual from those nominated by any member of MCB. Now is the time to show appreciation for someone who has been an inspiration or has done something special. We will present an award this month so spread the word and send nominations by March 31, 2009.
Qualifications for the award:
- Must be a member of MCB in good standing to nominate or be nominated.
- Nominee may be visually impaired or sighted.
- A blind member may be nominated for service to the blind or for service to their community even if it does not affect the visually impaired.
- A sighted member must make a positive contribution in assisting the blind.
- Monthly nominations will be held over for later consideration.
- The MCB Member of the Month Committee will select the recipients.
All nominations must include:
- Name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and affiliate name of the nominee.
- A short paragraph telling what they have done and why you believe they are deserving of the award.
- Name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and affiliate name of the person making the nomination.
- Nominations may be in the format of your choice.
- Nominations must be postmarked by the last day of each month.
The recipient of the award will receive a certificate and a nice gift box with several MCB items. Monthly award recipients will be recognized at the MCB Convention banquet in October and of those recipients, we will honor a “member of the year” with a cash award.; changed font
Send nominations to:
Wanda Matlock, Chair
#11 Five-O Dr. Portageville, MO 63873
Committee members are:
Bob Jaco, St louis
Nancy Hodson, Springfield
Adopted March 2009
Revised as approved by MCB Board January 2022